Hannah Bushnell, DO (PGY-3)
- Kendall, NY
- Elmira College with a BA in Biology
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- I entered the field of psychiatry because of my passion for helping children with mental illness and their families, and I chose AOMC because of its location in the beautiful Finger Lakes region and the vast possibilities that exist with the nearby mental health services.
- wine tasting on the local wine trails, hiking at Watkins Glen, travel, sewing, and relaxing with a nice book. enjoys spending weekends with her family at the Commons in Ithaca, seeing a play at the Clemen's Center, or Corning Museum of Glass.
- just follow your heart; don't live up to anyone else's expectations but your own, and make sure you know what you want in a program before you apply
William George, DO (PGY-3)
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- undergraduate training at UCR B.S. in Biological Science
- Medical School: West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
- The reason I chose Arnot was because it was a new program and wanted to help create the foundation for future residents. Another factor for choosing Arnot was because of the faculty interest in teaching residents and diversity of their interests.
- My interest are in Forensic and Adolescent Psychiatry, but I still explore all areas of psychiatry. The reason I chose Psychiatry because of my interest in the brain and human behavior. Although I'm still new to the area I do appreciate the many outdoor activities the region has to offer such as: hiking, wineries, waterfalls, scenic overlooks, proximity to major cities, a local airport with reasonable rates, and the countless other adventures that are waiting to be explored.
- traveling, music, reading, adventures, and trying new things
- find a specialty that truly interests you and to venture beyond your location comfort zones when applying for residency
Charles Evans, DO (PGY-2)
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- BS in Biology from Northwestern State University of Louisiana
- Medical School: GA-PCOM
- "Why Arnot? Why Elmira? Why not?”
- I chose Psychiatry because I found the impact made while working with psychiatric populations could certainly be life-altering, more so than any other field. Also, I found each patient to be a unique experience and thus found that psychiatry did not have the monotony I saw in nearly every other field of medicine. I found psychiatry to be more of an art and less of a cook-book.
- being a new father and enjoy spending time with my wife, son, and two massive hounds that guard over his family when I'm not home. I also enjoy woodworking and building things. I enjoy the outdoors when I get the chance. golf and recently picked up tennis
- have fun, enjoy the interview process and choose what you feel is the best fit for you
Gina Forte, DO (PGY-2)
- Laytonsville, Maryland in the DC Metropolitan area
- BA from Franklin and Marshall College in 2002
- Medical School: West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine in 2014.
- Transitional Rotating Intern position at AOMC in 2014
- The appeal of this psychiatry residency were the values and advocacy of program director Dr. Pavillard and the family-like atmosphere amongst the residents.
- She is currently exploring varied interests among psychiatric subspecialties to further define her career goals.
- When not working, I enjoy HIIT training, just began training for a Spartan, hiking, canoeing, and traveling. The area's local waterfalls, trails and gorges, wineries, and Corning are particularly enjoyable.
- be honest with yourself and your interviewers about what you want from and need in a program
Alice McKinzie, DO (PGY-2)
- Pensacola Florida.
- LMU-DCOM in Tennessee
- I chose Arnot for their new Psychiatry residency program and the numerous options for training. I chose AOMC because it is a newer residency and things continue to change to improve the program. If change is not comfortable for you, it may behoove you to think twice about applying for a new program. On the other hand, if you like to be innovative and part of developing a residency, this may be the place for you. The GME faculty listens to suggestions to improve, and often is able to implement them. It is a small program, and close knit family.
- My goal is to finish residency and practice for about 5 years before starting work as a LOCUM tenem.
- Habitat for Humanity, Gardening, and reading.
- Team work is essential for success.
Cory Sonnemann, DO (PGY-2)
- Butte, Montana.
- Medical School: Pacific Northwest University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Undergraduate: B.S. in Chemistry from Montana Tech of The University of Montana.
- I chose Arnot because I was impressed with the attending doctors and residents that I had met during my interview. I'm excited to be a part of a new program.
- I am interested in practicing General Psychiatry in a rural and underserved area. I am also very interested in public health policy and community outreach.
- I enjoy the State Parks that are located around the area. Hobbies include: basketball, football, golf, ice skating, jogging, fishing, hiking, backpacking, camping, and snowboarding.
- find a specialty that fits your interests and allows you to reach your professional and personal goals
Marina Lukac, DO (PGY-1)
James Pinkston, DO (PGY-1)